I have just been informed of some changes are happening to Melksham buses. A new service called the West Wiltshire Zig Zag will replace a number of existing services, namely the 37, 38, 72 and 237.
The new service will operate approximately every 90 minutes and will link Trowbridge, Bradford on Avon, Holt, Broughton Gifford, Melksham, Roundponds, Shaw, Atworth, Whitley, Gastard and Corsham, with some journeys on weekdays carrying on to Chippenham Hospital and the town centre.
Important features of the new service include:
- Improved service from Holt to Bradford on Avon;
New links provided from Melksham to Bradford on Avon;
New links from Corsham, Gastard, Whitley, Atworth Shaw and the Roundponds area of Melksham to Bradford on Avon and Trowbridge;
- A link to Chippenham from Bradford on Avon, Holt, Broughton Gifford, Atworth, Whitley and Gastard running 5 days a week;
- New direct link from the Beechfield Road area of Corsham to Chippenham;
- Service from Holt and Broughton Gifford to Trowbridge and Melksham retained on a similar frequency to the present service but with most journeys calling at Bradford on Avon rather than Staverton (which will be served by a different bus);
- Service from Corsham to Melksham via Atworth and Whitley retained on a similar frequency between 9am and 3pm.
You can download the new timetable and route details here.
West Wiltshire Zig Zag bus timetable and route details